Monday, March 19, 2012

Jimmy Carter shares his ideas about the Bible in a new book

Great interview of Jimmy Carter about his new book, "NIV Lessons from Life Bible: Personal Reflections with Jimmy Carter." A fine witness to sensible and compassionate Christianity.

An excerpt from the interview:
The example that I set in my private life is to emulate what Christ did as he faced people who were despised like the lepers or the Samaritans. He reached out to them, he reached out to poor people, he reached out to people that were not Jews and treated them equally. The more despised and the more in need they were, the more he emphasized that we should go to and share with them our talent our ability, our wealth, our influence. Those are the things that guide my life and when I find a verse in the Bible that contradicts those things that I just described to you, I put into practice the things that I derive from my faith in Christ. 

President Jimmy Carter Authors New Bible Book, Answers Hard Biblical Questions

No comments:

Post a Comment